The adult penis is a formed organ with a unique cavernous tissue that can fill with blood. The growth of the genitals occurs during adolescence, and with the help of hormones it is impossible to start the previous processes of cell development. Penis enlargement exercises primarily affect the size of the corpora cavernosa, since the organ does not have muscles. It can only be stretched, not trained.
What affects the growth of the penis?
Genital size is part of the normal genetic variation inherent in human anatomy. Men differ in height, nose length, finger shape and penile length. The average penis length is about 13 cm.
The presence of the SRY gene, often referred to as the genital region of the Y chromosome, initiates testicular development in utero after the seventh week of conception. The cells that differentiate into the testes begin to produce testosterone, which affects the development of the male's internal and external genitals.
The second important factor in the growth of the penis is hormones. Testosterone predetermines the development of the penis even in the womb. The researchers found that the fastest time for penile development is the first three months after birth. If during this period the pituitary gland does not signal the synthesis of testosterone or the androgen receptors are not active, the size of the penis may be below average.
An important negative factor is testicular defect in the early stages of pregnancy. Geneticists still have not identified a specific gene that affects the size of the genitals.
The anogenital distance (from the anus to the base of the penis) is an indicator of normal masculinization. This indicator is dependent on dihydrotestosterone, its shortening is associated with the risk of hypospadias and cryptorchidism. Prenatal exposure to dioxins, phthalates, n-butylparaben or bisphenol affects the anogenital distance. Women with elevated urine phthalates during pregnancy gave birth to sons with short anogenital distances and short penis lengths.
There are two hormones that affect the growth of the genitals:
- Testosterone promotes the growth of the scrotum and penis during the embryonic stage of development.
- Dihydrotestosterone helps form secondary sexual characteristics during puberty, affects the penis, thinning scrotal tissue, muscle growth in adolescents.
Dihydrotestosterone is converted from testosterone by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase. Cell receptor sensitivity and androgen levels directly affect penile tissue growth.
Research has shown that women prefer men with a 16cm penis for one-day relationships, and 12cm is enough for long-term relationships.
Based on these measurements, men may feel inferior. The average size of an erect penis is 12. 6 cm. Scientists have measured about 15, 000 penises around the world to get accurate results.
Most women are looking for a larger penis than the average man naturally finds. The survey showed that about 20% of women separated from a partner due to the small size of the penis.
Modern ways to enlarge the penis
Urological surgeons believe that there is no surgery that can make the penis bigger in adolescence or adulthood. The length can be increased by cutting the supporting ligament, which hides part of the penis under the skin. Then it is supposed to slowly stretch the organ. In an erect state, the penis will remain the same, but will lose stability due to the broken connection with the pubic bone.
Autologous fat injections are considered the most common method, but the results of the procedure are unsatisfactory due to necrosis and reabsorption of fat cells.
Insertion of implants is used for erectile dysfunction that does not respond to medication. Flexible, mechanical and inflatable prostheses are used.
In the manufacture of used:
- rubber with PTFE rings.
Inflatable devices are two- and three-section with pumps.
In 1936, the surgeon first created a functional autologous penile implant. He used costal cartilage, which was subsequently also utilized by the body.
The reason for surgical failures is the impossibility of creating cavernous tissue. New penises extended with implants will not have natural erectile function. It is important that the parents of a child or adolescent with congenital genital anomalies have a realistic view of the very limited advances in surgery. On the Internet, you can find myths that tissue engineering and penile transplantation are available to everyone.
Operations performed to enlarge the penis lead to modest results. Statistics have shown that the growth is approximately 2. 5 cm.
Penis enlargement exercises
There are various exercises aimed at increasing the penis and sexual function:
- strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor;
- improved blood circulation.
You should always start with Kegel exercises as a warm-up. The pelvic floor muscles provide support for the genitals.
The description of various penis enlargement exercises and techniques lends itself to reasonable criticism:
- Vacuum pumps are cylinders that draw blood into the corpora cavernosa and slightly increase in size when erect. A tight ring is then put on the base of the penis to restrict the flow of blood. Pumps are really necessary for men with erectile dysfunction, but they do not have a consistent effect on penile size. When the ring is removed, the blood goes into a large circle. Risks of using the pump include temporary impotence, hematomas, damage to blood vessels, discolored and thickened skin. Using the ring for more than 20-30 minutes is dangerous to damage the tissues of the penis.
- Exercise, tying weights, cannot enlarge the penis because it does not consist of muscle tissue. However, some types of stimulation stretch the skin, visually lengthening the penis. One of the "ancient Arab" techniques - jelqing - is sold on the Internet and provides for daily exercises for 30-60 minutes a day. No timeframe is specified, so the effectiveness is difficult to confirm.
- Penis traction devices sometimes need to be used up to 8 hours a day. Stretching the skin of the penis does not affect its size when erect. Hanging weights on the penis can lead to tissue tearing, urgent surgery and severe pain. As a result of such techniques, the genital organ can be seriously damaged.
- Pills, supplements, and creams like yohimbe, ginseng, and Horny Goat Weed have never affected penis size. They only affect the filling of existing tissues with blood.
The use of injections of gonadotropin, growth hormone and testosterone in adulthood will not lead to an increase in the reproductive organ. The formation of tissues occurs in puberty, when wave oscillations of growth hormone occur.
Benefits and characteristics of exercise
Exercises for the pelvic floor muscles increase orgasmic sensations and increase the duration of intercourse. The musculature stops the flow of urine and also sets the impulse for the release of semen during ejaculation.
- Squeeze the pelvic floor muscles, as if stopping urination, unclench. Repeat to start 20 times. Gradually increase the number of repetitions to 100. The goal is to achieve about 1000 muscle contractions daily in several approaches.
- Clamp the coccygeal muscle for as long as you can hold it.
- Tighten the pelvic floor muscles in parts from the anus to the pubic bone. Execute every second.
- Contract your pelvic floor muscles as slowly as possible. Relax sharply. Most likely, you will feel a pulsation and a surge of warmth in the spine. Breathe deeply and slowly as you exercise.
- Expand the muscles while urinating to create a jet. This will open the anus.
Each exercise should be repeated at least 10-20 times.
The cavernous bodies of the penis are capable of holding a lot of blood. The more it lingers in the tissues, the longer and thicker the penis will become during an erection. Jelqing exercises are performed while sitting or standing and resemble smooth, rhythmic milking. Hands gently slide from base to head, up to 200 repetitions should be performed daily. The approaching ejaculation can be stopped by a pause until the urge disappears, which will help to achieve self-control. If pain appears, give the organ a rest.
The exercise should not be performed during a full erection, which can lead to vascular damage. The penis should be 70% full, without partial erection the results will not work.
Standard jelqing is done with grease or baby oil. When semi-erect, grasp the base with your index finger and thumb. Move them down to the head, pumping blood, and release when it is reached. Perform 200-300 repetitions for the first week, the second - increase up to 500 times, and then 500 or more for 20 minutes.
The "dry" technique is aimed at stretching the skin with a similar movement. The fingers slide over the surface towards the head. You can work out sections from the base to the middle, and from the middle to the end. Morning erections with high testosterone levels are suitable for dry jelqing.
The third technique is aimed at creating a volumetric head. Blood is drawn up in a slow motion from the base, hold the position for 10 seconds. Can be combined with tissue compression without causing discomfort. The technique cannot be performed for more than 10 minutes.
Stretching is designed to increase erectile tissue, but its effectiveness is poorly proven.
Exercise is performed while sitting or standing:
- Grip the relaxed penis by the head, but do not pinch the corpora cavernosa. Stretch out as much as possible, but without discomfort or pain. Delay for 5 minutes.
- Release, rotate in a circular motion 30 times to restore normal blood circulation.
- Repeat the first action 4 times, but each time pull the penis in a different direction - left, right, up and down. It is imperative to relax the organ after stretching.
The second stretch is performed in the same way, but when the maximum painless traction is reached, you need to completely relax and hold the position for 5 minutes at first, then gradually increase to 20 minutes. Rest for 5-10 minutes before continuing with your workout.
The following exercise combines breathing and stretching:
- Inhale, exhale, and blow air through the lower abdomen into the penis. With three fingers of your left hand, press on the point between the anus and genitals.
- Resume breathing while keeping your fingers on the anogenital junction. With the other hand, pull the penis smoothly and rhythmically 36 times.
- Smooth the skin on the head, achieve an easy erection. Grasping the base firmly, move your hand 5 cm down.
- Extend the penis to the right, performing 36 rotational pulling movements clockwise and counterclockwise. Repeat the same to the left.
The energy of the organs and meridians of the body enters the penis, enhancing tone and function. After the exercise, tap the right and left thighs with an erect organ 36 times. You can shorten this technique by performing each movement 10 times.
In a semi-erect state, place your index and thumb at the base of your penis to slow blood flow and delay arousal. Grip the head firmly with the other hand. Milking with the hand at the base. The blood will travel through the spongy tissue to the head. Performing with a full erection is extremely dangerous.
The exercises can be too time consuming. Research into the effectiveness of jelqing was conducted in the 1970s by Dr. Brian Richards in the UK. Approximately 87% of men in the test group received positive results: an increase in length to 4. 2 cm and a girth of up to 2. 5 cm.
Exercises should be performed daily for 20-30 minutes, and before training, take a warm bath and wrap the organ in a towel soaked in warm water.
Men interested in the jelqing method should read the detailed instructions, reference information, videos and photographs of the exercises for their own health and safety:
- It is imperative to use a lubricant on initial exercise to get a good grip on the penis and not the skin.
- Stop immediately when pain appears. The task of the technique is non-traumatic tissue traction. The appearance of painful sensations and hematomas indicates a violation of trophism, which has a bad effect on an erection.
- Stop exercising if you get an erection. Pause when ejaculation approaches, wait for relaxation.
- The grasping of the penis during exercise should not interfere with the blood supply. Redness and blue discoloration of the organ indicates stagnation of blood - loosen your grip.
If done correctly and regularly, the results will appear within one month. Six months later, the changes will become obvious. Training cannot be stopped.
Some problems with the volume of the penis can be associated with poor function of the bulbous-spongy and sciatic-cavernous muscles, which impede the flow of blood from the erect organ. Their function depends on the pudendal nerve, which can be pinched for various disorders of the lumbosacral region.